advice on getting a crisis loanThe Social Fund is a Government Scheme aimed at helping the disadvantaged or those that are in immediate Crisis, to obtain grants or no-interest loans to help in the event of unforeseen circumstances or disaster.crisis loans

For people on limited income it may sometimes be very difficult to budget effectively for emergency expenses like funeral costs, the costs of a new baby or one-off payments for large items, fridge freezers, beds, removal costs or furnishing a new home.
People who have just ended employment may also find themselves in a position where they have no income coming in at all. 
The Government have made sure that there is help to be had when you find yourself in a Crisis situation, through the Department of Work and Pensions ( DWP) and Job centre Plus ( JCP) There is money available for these situations, although it is limited.

This is known as the Social Fund. The Social Fund includes funeral payments, maternity grants, crisis loans, budgeting loans, community care grants and cold weather payments. Added to that Winter fuel payments are also a type of Social Fund payment, however these are restricted to those that are 60 or over.  Most government departments such as social fund, budgeting loan have now moved on to as they are the corresponding number to the original 0845 number and will soon move to an 0300 telephone number

If you are on a low income, you may also be able to get benefit to help with your living costs, your rent or other housing costs and your Council Tax.

crisis loans application number

budgeting loans

get community care grants