Budgeting loan application online download

By on 201 comments

Applications for budgeting loans from the Social Fund are not like Crisis Loans, they can not be made over the Telephone in most cases. Usually to apply for a Budgeting Loan you will need To call the Social fund on their national telephone number and then they will send youa paper copy of the form SF500, this process generally takes around 4 days as they are sent second class post.

To speed up your application for a Budgeting loan you can simply download a BUDGETING LOAN APPLICATION FORM

Using a downloaded version of the SF500 application will mean that you are able to get your claim looked at a lot more quickly by your local Benefit Delivery Centres Social Fund section and will – as a result be able to get a muck quicker decision.

For more information and help on completing a Budgeting Loan online application see our dedicated page of useful tips and information on how to apply.

Share Button

201 Comments To This Article… add one

  • Roy Jones

    June 20, 2014 at 6:19 pm Reply edit

    I have looked through all of these pages to find of where I can download of a budgeting loan application form and without of success of finding of where of apply button is of located? and need to ask of why is this site deliberately hiding of a apply button for of collecting of a budgeting loan form? 20/06/2014

  • bernadette brady

    April 14, 2014 at 10:23 am Reply edit

    hi i would like you to send out an application form to me please.

  • tezza

    November 30, 2013 at 2:31 pm Reply edit

    hi I received a budgeting loan in august begining of it they only just started making me pay it back October cuz my partner had to repay crisis loans he had previously would I be able to apply for a loan now or how long do I have to wait

  • Julie tindale

    June 22, 2013 at 8:18 am Reply edit

    Hi a was just wondering how much a should put down budgeting loan for a stair lift and ramps as am currently in a wheelchair have been in one a year and don’t know how long got to stay in ..and would you be able to send me a form please x

  • tina harman

    June 7, 2013 at 6:47 pm Reply edit

    lam wanting a loan off the budgeton loan

  • kerys

    May 30, 2013 at 10:48 am Reply edit

    Hi i get dla child benefit and child tax credit my partner works and gets working tax am i able to apply for a budgeting loan or a crisis loan please help

  • paulis

    May 13, 2013 at 11:54 am Reply edit

    Please like bi borrow because I do not have a meal or to HIGIENE number of bi borrow £ 200 thank you

  • sharon rouse

    April 23, 2013 at 2:14 pm Reply edit

    Please can you send me a d
    Form for social fund forms pls the one we pay back weekly I would like to apply its name as above 3 weaver grove long hill estate hull hu8 9 ta please can you confirm this email and if yr sending one to me thanks for the time

  • Roy Jones

    June 20, 2014 at 6:40 pm Reply edit

    Please could you send me a budgeting loans form pals, I have looked through of all pages of this site and cannot seem to find of a budgeting loans forms press button.

  • adrian hughes

    April 16, 2013 at 12:37 pm Reply edit

    hi i have been claiming jsa since the 5th nov2012 when will i be able to claim a budgeting loan

  • Loans Help

    April 19, 2013 at 7:54 am Reply edit

    End of May to be sure

  • tamoy douglas

    April 15, 2013 at 7:16 am Reply edit

    hi could u u please send me a bedgetin loan form please

  • Jim O'Ryan

    April 13, 2013 at 6:11 pm Reply edit

    Hi I have been on incapacity benefit for a few years now due to illness. I don’t seem to be entitled to community care grants. Am I entitled to a budgeting loan?

  • debra hughes

    April 10, 2013 at 2:59 pm Reply edit

    Hi could you send me a budgeting application form please.

  • Social Fund

    April 12, 2013 at 6:01 pm Reply edit

    you can get a form on the following page https://www.gov.uk/budgeting-loans/how-to-claim

  • Samantha

    April 9, 2013 at 10:38 am Reply edit

    Could you please e-mail the address to send my budgeting foam to in the Newcastle area thanks

  • joanna marshall

    April 6, 2013 at 12:32 pm Reply edit

    i split up with my partner of 10yrs in november we were claiming income jsa i have claimed income surport since nov 2012 can i have a bugerting loan or is it to soon yet to ask for one

  • Social Fund

    April 12, 2013 at 6:28 pm Reply edit

    You need to have 26 weeks of a relevent, unbroken claim. it is important to find out when you claim started , then count 26 weeks on from that( then add a few days, just to be sure)

    If you claimed in Nov 2012, then your 26 weeks should end May 2013

  • Stuart Arnold

    June 28, 2013 at 9:56 pm Reply edit

    This is not correct, breaks of up to 28 days are not counted as a break in benefits.

  • Admin

    July 2, 2013 at 8:38 pm Reply edit

    Hi stuart,
    Thanks for taking the time to raise this.

    It is possible to have some breaks of up to 28 days- HOWEVER this is dependent upon the benefit “linking periods”, and is specifically related to claims that “link”. Added to that, partners claims don’t always ‘link’ and as such it is improbable that a loan would be awarded inside the 26 week window ( according the many DWP staff that we have spoken to).

    I am more than happy to correct this if you can show/explain how the 26 rule interacts with the linking rule :)

  • Shane

    March 15, 2013 at 12:57 am Reply edit

    Also my partners only 17 and pregnant is she entitled to any form of benefits we rang so many people and they all said jsa hardship but when having her appointment at the jc the lady told us half way through doing the forms that she wont get it is this right ? Im sure shes entitled to some form of benefit

  • Shane

    March 15, 2013 at 12:53 am Reply edit

    Hi i have been on income based jsa on and off for around 2years now but my most recent claim as had to do a rapid reclaim has only been since around the 10th december im npw currently homeless and sleep round different friends or the girlfriends house i have no clothes or anything and need to pay for travel to get to amd from the partners house as shes currently pregnant am i entitled to a budget or crisis loan at all ?

  • Alison

    March 12, 2013 at 11:02 am Reply edit

    Hi could u send me a budgeting loan form out pls

  • Jacqui

    March 1, 2013 at 12:33 pm Reply edit

    Hi ive just applied for a budgeting loan for rent advance.do I need to send a cop of new tennancy agreement?

  • craig

    February 26, 2013 at 3:35 pm Reply edit

    Hi I came out of prison november 8th 2012 and started claimin jsa I have a break in my jsa so unfortunatly cannot get a BL. I am living back with my mum whilst I’m on liscence but for the past 3 months I have been sleeping on the floor I have no bed no wardrobe and only 1 set of clothes this is making me feel very depressed is there anything I can claim to get a bed and other furniture?

  • caroline

    February 20, 2013 at 5:17 pm Reply edit

    i have a crime number i was done out off 7 hundred pound and need to get furture

  • caroline

    February 20, 2013 at 5:19 pm Reply edit

    i thought iwas getting abargin but got riped off 4 a bed and settie i have nothing now but a police crime number

  • layla

    February 6, 2013 at 12:51 pm Reply edit

    please could you tell me how i can stand against the 15 pound a week they are taking back out my i.s for a social loan i had over 3 years ago, i was in employment since then until recently, and they was taking 20 p/m when i was on more money and working!! it doesnt make sense,now im in hardship tryin to survive on 130 pw with 2 children and one on the way,iv even had to be over paid by the ctc so that we can survive until april,due to their error…and nobody seems to care, i have been to the citezins advice but they never can get through as they r always so busy:(…so stressful especially since i am entitled to no loans or grants,because i havent been unemployede for long enuff,and i have no clothes that fit,no money to buy my new baby even a bib.i wud go bk to work but who is gonna emloy a 7 month pregnant woman!!!…really stuck plz advise….

  • Aaron taundry

    November 28, 2012 at 3:35 pm Reply edit

    Hi i have been sanctioned from jsa but will be getting hardship allowance i have been offered a budgeting loan and have accepted it will i still get it thanks

  • beth

    July 25, 2012 at 7:14 am Reply edit

    i have been on income support then straight to jsa then to esa will i still beable to get a budgeting loan thanks

  • Barry

    July 22, 2012 at 11:20 am Reply edit

    I have been on contribution based jsa. Which has ran out so i have reapplied and now going for income based jsa. Can i apply for a budgeting loan having been on contribution based jsa for 6months?

  • Lewis

    June 20, 2012 at 9:35 pm Reply edit

    I’ve come out of supported housing now, because I was homeless, I have now been given a flat for myself by an housing association. I applied for a community care grant but have been refused because i do not meet the criteria, however I applied for a bugeting loan for 1,500 (just so i knew I would get the most im entitled to), they have given me £348.00 and I will get that in the next 10 days.

    My point is, is that Im 17 i have my own place i have no furnature, not even a bed, I have no flooring, so when i get this bugeting loan it will cost around that to get carpets and have them fitted.

    Could you tell me if im entitled to any grants or if i could re-apply for the bugeting loan for more money.

    Thankyou, Lewis

  • hayley

    June 7, 2012 at 6:58 pm Reply edit

    Hello I recieve jsa I have been since October its now June so I should be eligible? I wanted to apply as I need to buy a new pair of boots/suit for interviews and for travel to job centre/town to print off CV’s. Also my laptop is broken and cannot connect to internet or send emails which I need to to look for jobs so I spend a good bit of my allowance paying at the library to print off application forms and this month all my benefit will be spent on occasions. Am I able to get a budgeting loan for this? Thank you

  • Social Fund

    June 11, 2012 at 5:58 pm Reply edit

    Trey asking at the job centre first.

  • Darrell

    June 6, 2012 at 12:54 pm Reply edit

    Hi, my partner and my brother whom we are legal guardians for currently live in medway, we are moving to cornwall as that is where our jobs are and where we were living before becoming my brother guardians, we are going to be renting a house but need help with the £900 deposit and also the first months rent up fron, any advise please, we have no jobs here in medway and a lot of family problems and so are moving for a good reason?

  • sarah

    May 29, 2012 at 4:05 pm Reply edit

    me and my partner claim as a couple, i work 16 hrs a week, he recieves child tax credit for our 4 children, would we be accepted for a budgeting loan?

  • Social Fund

    June 4, 2012 at 5:45 pm Reply edit

    oNLY IF YOU ARE CLAIMING i.s, jsa OR era

  • laura

    May 24, 2012 at 12:02 am Reply edit

    i have a 8 month old baby boy and im 21 weeks pregannt, i need things for the new baby and clothes for my little boy, and myself as im becoming big so quick. i need about 800, is that an unrealistic amount to ask for? thank you

  • Social Fund

    June 4, 2012 at 5:48 pm Reply edit

    It does sound like a lot for clothes to be honest..

  • joanne

    May 18, 2012 at 10:29 am Reply edit

    I am currently paying back a couple of budgeting loans roughly totallying 750 pounds would i be eligible for another small loan and if so how much thanks

  • Social Fund

    June 4, 2012 at 6:02 pm Reply edit

    Depends on your circumstances.

  • fiona

    May 14, 2012 at 4:30 pm Reply edit

    ive just been told i can only get 8 pound on jsa would i be able to get a crisis loan or budgeting loan as i need new clothes for the kids and my self food gas etc thanks if so how much about

  • Social Fund

    May 16, 2012 at 9:12 am Reply edit

    As long as you get some benefit you can be awarded a Loan, however some loans and grants require that you have been on benefits for 26 weeks +

  • christine

    May 13, 2012 at 10:36 pm Reply edit

    hiya do u need to have ur own house to get a budgeting loan

  • Social Fund

    June 4, 2012 at 5:20 pm Reply edit

    No, you can be in rented accommodation

  • Gemma

    May 11, 2012 at 9:20 am Reply edit

    hi could i have the number that i call to request a application form please ? Thanks

  • Gemma

    May 11, 2012 at 9:21 am Reply edit

    i live in nottingham

  • toni

    May 8, 2012 at 9:27 am Reply edit

    what is the number to phone to get a budgeting loan form sent out?

  • Social Fund

    May 9, 2012 at 7:24 pm Reply edit

    It depends where you live, however you can get one by calling the free crisis loan number and asking that they put you through

  • Alice

    April 20, 2012 at 8:37 am Reply edit


    I was successful in receiving a loan last year and have just over £500 left to pay on it. I managed to do 6 weeks work ending on 23rd December 2011 which unfortunately has left me in a bit of a finacial mess as when the contract ended tax credits worked out that my child tax credits should go down for 4 months, also my son has decided that this would be a perfect time to have a massive growth spurt and grow out of most of his clothes! Im really struggling and would like to apply for another small budgeting loan so that I can get out of my overdraft in order to stop incurring fees every month which are crippling, would I be eligible or have I not had enough weeks on I/S since my contract ended?

  • Social Fund

    April 22, 2012 at 8:57 am Reply edit

    Unfortunately not, you don’t meet the criteria until 26 weeks on benefit.

  • peter

    April 19, 2012 at 9:50 am Reply edit

    hi im 18 and on benifits i would like a loan of £1000 to buy furniture and some clothes what would i be intiled to

  • Social Fund

    April 22, 2012 at 8:49 am Reply edit

    I think it unlikely that they will give you £1000, but make an application for a BL at around £350-£450

  • Paul Byrnes

    April 17, 2012 at 5:59 pm Reply edit


    Applied for a B/L on the 3rd of April and have heard nothing from them as yet ? could you tell me if this is normal ? I know it was bank holiday on the 6th and 9th but its now the 17th and have heard anything ?

    Any info would be great please.

    Many Thanks

  • Social Fund

    April 22, 2012 at 5:17 pm Reply edit

    Paul, with the bank holidays things do take a little longer- so yes it is normal, however if not heard anything by 23/4/11 give them a call and check whats going on just in case they have lost it..

  • Louise

    April 14, 2012 at 8:03 am Reply edit

    Hi I applied for a budgeting loan abt 2 weeks ago n have still not heard anything off the social, I’m just wondering if there is anyway I can find out what is happening about my loan? X

  • Social Fund

    April 22, 2012 at 8:46 am Reply edit

    Louise, you can give them a call and they should be able to tell you how your loan is getting on.

  • laurie

    April 11, 2012 at 6:32 pm Reply edit

    Hi i am a single mother and i have just lost my job before Christmas due to a work related injury i am now on employment support allowance, i am paying my car off that i have had for 3 yrs and owe £2400 i cut the repayments down to min amount but i was told today that if i dont start paying the full mthly installments in the next 2 mths then they will take my car bk but i need my car as my injury was my back and i cant walk long distances due to the prolapsed disc in my bk which causes pain in my legs etc i also look after my mom who has vasular dementure she lives 25 mins away can i get any help at all with a loan or anything to help?

  • Social Fund

    April 12, 2012 at 10:48 am Reply edit


    Have you applied for DLA? this has a mobility compenednt that may help with a car- unfortunatley crisis loans are not able to cover motoring costs.

  • amanda

    April 10, 2012 at 9:13 pm Reply edit

    Iv been on contribution based employment and support allowance for nearly 2 years and it has just been changed over to income related esa, can I apply for a budgeting loan in these circumstances. As iv been told by dwp to put down that the change in which I was entitled to receive income related occured in my circustances in sept 2010 so I have been entitled to income related esa since then but have only just found out

  • Social Fund

    April 12, 2012 at 10:32 am Reply edit


    What they are referring to is having an “underlying entitlement” to income based esa, this means that you did qualify for Income based, butas conts based takes precidnec, Conts based was actually paid.

    Not sure that this is going to bo of any use though, as you have to actually get paid Income based.

  • Jess

    April 1, 2012 at 9:31 pm Reply edit


    I have been offered full time employment, but in order to accept it I would need to prepay my 1 year old’snursery a month in advance, which is £888. Would a BL cover this as a cost necessary for returning to work? I know its expensive but I live in Edinburgh and everything’s extortionate! I am currently on IS since 15/09/11 which I think is over 26 weeks

  • Social Fund

    April 2, 2012 at 9:15 am Reply edit

    Hi Jess,

    have you already applied for Child Tax Credits?

  • Alou

    March 29, 2012 at 6:06 pm Reply edit

    Hi, i have a 4yr old daughter,
    im on is. since aug 22nd.
    i have just applied for a budgetin loan, for following items: me and ex have split up and he took the following:
    washin machine, cooker, freezer, carpet (ruined. ripped and stained, and sofa, as well as a bed for my daughter as her collapsed.
    Will i be eligible, and how much can i apply, i currently have 250 i need 2 pay back from another loan i took out few years ago.
    please reply.

  • Social Fund

    March 31, 2012 at 3:38 pm Reply edit

    They sound like items that you would be awarded a loan for, and it sounds like you have been on benefit for long enough so you have a good chance of getting £750 +

  • meria johnson

    March 28, 2012 at 2:05 pm Reply edit

    hello, there im just wondering how 2 apply 4 a budgeting loan,or cud u send me a loan form out please.

  • Jan

    March 27, 2012 at 6:00 am Reply edit

    Hi I was previously a F/T carer for my son and was on income support and carers allowance until January of this year, now I am on job seekers allowance am I still able to apply for a B/Loan as I haven’t been on J/Seekers for 26 wks ?

  • Natalie

    March 22, 2012 at 6:45 pm Reply edit

    Hi, I am a single mum of 3 , i was wounder if i would be able to apply for a budgeting loan for clothing an shoes for my 3 children and also new bedding for us all .My 7 year old has out grown almost all her clothes she has grew quite a bit in the last couple of months an is now in age 9-10 year old clothing an has gone from a size 12 to 1 within 2 an a half months. my 3 an 4 yearolds are just goin through the stage were everythink is getting stained an holes in knees ect they are really due a new wardrobe (new sets of clothing). I currently pay 125 a month towards my rent as it comes over my housing benifit allowance between this an paying off depts aswell as bills i just don’t seem to have any spare money. I am currently waiting for someone to get back to me from a govement dept sceme so hopefully will have my finances sorted in a couple of months but they really need them asap. Do u think i would be eligable for these things. I am on income support . Thank You

  • Trudy

    March 10, 2012 at 9:28 am Reply edit

    Hi, I would like to know how much times are you allowed to apply for a budgeting loan, I had one last year would i be able to get another this year, I have nothing for my child to sit on andi need to pay some debts

  • Social Fund

    March 10, 2012 at 11:58 am Reply edit


    there is no limit to the number of times that you apply.

  • tom b

    March 5, 2012 at 2:52 pm Reply edit

    I’m about to have my JSA suspended for two months. Am I still eleigible for a Social Fund Loan?

  • Social Fund

    March 5, 2012 at 6:19 pm Reply edit

    In a word- NO.

    You can NEVER be awarded a crisis loan whist sanctioned, UNLESS you are being paid hardship, AND have had an unforeseen disaster/emergency.

    The first two weeks, can not be covered by hardship, so you will be without benefit for 4 weeks, THEN you can apply for a crisis loan, however it is unlikely that you will get one, as it would/could render the sanction pointless.

  • michaela hayward

    March 1, 2012 at 3:40 pm Reply edit

    hi my mum gets incapasity benifit and disability benifit does she qualify for a loan?? thanks

Leave a Comment