Well given that we are constantly asked the same question “how long does a budgeting loan take?” back in December we decided to start a poll to see if we can work out how log it actually takes in the real world.
This is an advice site that also offers call forwarding options, and we are in no way affiliated with the Department - we are not affiliated with any organisation mentioned. for Work & Pensions, Budgeting Loans, or any other organisation mentioned on this website.
How long will I be waiting for my Budgeting Loan?
The idea Is that it takes around 20 working days for the application to be paid out ( if you have been accepted AND accept the repayment rate)
However, each case is different and because of that there can be a large difference in how long a budgeting loan application takes.
There are things that you can do to try to speed up the process and these are listed below.
- Download a Budgeting Loan Application, or get it from Job Centre Plus
- Fill it out clearly and fully
- Make sure that you have priced things reasonably, as this should result in less checking
- make sure you sign, date and put your National Insurance number on the form
- Send it back to the right place!
- You can replace the 2nd class envelope with a first class to cut postal delays
- You can deliver it yourself
The Budeting loan process:
- You apply
- Your application is rated
- An offer is made ( or you are refused)
- Your offer is posted to you (2nd class)
- You reply
- The reply is processed
- Payment is issued (usual taking 3 working days to hit your account)
Any further comments to make? Get involved in our discussions below.
Need to make a call about your budgeting loan application? Speak to Social Fund or any other department of the DWP using our call connection services below: